After only a year since being launched, Microsoft Teams has already won a Top Enterprise Award and been implemented in 200,000 organizations over nearly 200 markets in 39 languages. Teams plans to expand on their enterprise-grade features this year to provide more capabilities when interacting with apps, organizing meetings & calls, and obviously collaboration between those both inside and outside your organization.
The newest features in Teams are building upon a strong foundation of capabilities already accessible to Teams users. As Teams continues to grow, it merges intelligent collaboration with the need for enterprise-grade security to meet the standards required by businesses big and small. The much-anticipated features that you can expect to see this year include:
- Cloud Recording – Allows team members to playback all or parts of your meeting, with time coding and auto-transcriptions.
- Real-Time Translation – Chat with someone using a different language in real-time without having to switch to a translation service.
- Cortana Integration – Start a call or create a meeting just by saying “Hey Cortana” from your desktop, IP Phone or conference room device.
- Background Blur – Keep your audience focused by blurring out everything in the background for your video calls.
- Skype Room System Detection – Discover and add a nearby Room System for any meeting.
- Mobile Sharing – While in a meeting, share video, photos or your screen directly from any mobile device.
Along with the new features come new integrations for collaboration on your Team. The newly released app store within Teams lets you pick and choose between tools and services to use on any channel. Some of the most popular integrations include big names such as: SurveyMonkey, Hootsuite, Adobe Creative Cloud, Trello and much more.
Collaboration has never been easier both within and outside your company. Microsoft Teams continues to prove itself as a leader in the Team Collaboration space with its expanded features and intelligent integrations. This year we will see Teams both expand upon existing components and introduce new features to become an enterprise level application. Backed by Office 365’s network of 120 million users, we are excited to watch Teams grow and bring its capabilities to our own customers. To find out how you can utilize the hottest platform for Team collaboration, email us at sales@InfotectDesign.com.